Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 7:30:59 AM EDT
I saw a NIB Smith 642 yesterday for $339. It seemed like a good price, but I don't price revolvers that much. It was a sweet little gun, but it had that damn lock on it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That is probably a good retail price for new now. Just before S&W switched to the lock, they were advertising them for $300 retail! (Wish I had found a couple at that price myself!)

I am always on the lookout for a nice one, and I would pay up to $350 for a NIB older (but late) model without lock. $300-350 seems to be the going rate here for excellent used older guns. I personally will do wothout before I will buy one with the lock...but that's just me. I would prefer a 442 in blue without the lock to a 642 with.

Just got my latest 442(no lock in black) off of Auction Arms for $290 shipped!  $315 total with FFL transfer, and it is in 95% or better condition.    Several other "no-lock" Airweights I tried bidding on ran up into the 4's before ending.  They (no-locks) truly are getting harder to locate reasonably.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#3]
A few weeks ago I picked one up used for $250.00

ETA mine has the lock.  Whats so bad about the built in lock?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top