Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2001 7:33:53 PM EDT
I've been trying out different calibers with my girlfriend trying to find one that fits her and she can shoot. I started at 9mm and worked down. I recently went out with my mother's berreta 21A and my girlfriend loved it (the 9, 380 and so forth were too much for her, she's a little girl). However she has trouble cycling the action (in case of a jam or misfire). So I think if she wants the 22 I need to go with a revolver. Hell misfire she can keep pulling the trigger. However I am limited on my revolver knowledge. Can you all lend me a hand on some good 22 revolvers to look at? Also I would like to give her more than 6 rounds, however I want one that is a small light package. Let's face it, if it's big an clunky she is more likely to leave it in the car:)
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
is this for carry or for shooting on the weekends...a couple off the top of my head
naa,22       small easy to hide but not for the rookie its single action and loads slow
s&w air lite        small light comes in 22lr
dont forget about the ruger super single six
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
S&W 17
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Well kind of both. Something that she can of course shoot on a regular basis because she likes to, but also something that she can keep with her. That's why I wanted something small and light, yet easy to use (hence the revolver, just pull the trigger:)
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
S&W 63
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Any Smith. Try out different barrel lengths for balance.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#7]
See if you can arrange for her to shoot the Ruger SP-101 snubnose .38 or .357---

It's tough as nails and the little extra weight will dampen the recoil some.
I've known women who shot this revolver and didn't bat an eyelash at "too much power".
It's a nice gun and a LOT more reliable in a self-defense situation (we are in seriously troubled times; use that argument) than a .22LR.

Worth a try.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Well we tried a S&W 317LS. It was light (hell I might buy one), point of aim was good, shot well. My fiance liked it and I was impressed. We're going to try a 22 mag before we buy, but she was happy and I am confident (weight wise) that she will carry it well. That was the main point to this whole thing. First that I could get her a gun that was light and not a pain to lug around (I lug the G29 or Kimber Sub) which aren't too bad, but for my fiance she would be leaving it in the car. I know, what you are all thinking, but I would rather put the extra time into it and know that she will carry it. She is actually a good shot, a lot better than myself when I started out. The .22 may not be the knock down most are looking for, but that is why we will try the .22 mag first to just see if I can get her to carry a little more umph!!! Thanks for all the info and input:)
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't snub choosing the SW 317.  A .22LR on the hip sure beats a .45 ACP left at home.

Have you tried a revolver chambered in .32 H&R? That's a fun caliber, one that's overlooked far too much in the quest for power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top