Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2005 1:03:39 PM EDT
Just got one and took it to the range. Not bad for a 1895 design, built in 1944. Russian ammo was marked CCCP.

Single action pull is about 100lbs whereas double action requires an Ox!

I wanted to open it up and play with the action, but don't see a way into it???

Web search turned up very little of use. Anyone know where I might find a disassembly guide?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Low power round, horrendous trigger (I measured mine, double was close to 30 pounds and single was around 20) Slow to load and not terribly accurate but still a fun piece to pull out and fire a few rounds with.
I can't help you with a manual but maybe someone on one of the collectors sites can help.
Try some of these sites....

http://p090.ezboard.com/bcollectorguns35625
http://www.gunboards.com/
http://www.curioandrelicforums.com/

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought it for the oddity nature. As a 7 shot, DA revolver with gas sealing, it is odd. Not that I intend to but this is the only revolver that can actually be silenced.

Also keep in mind that at the time of its' adoption, the US Army was still issuing SA Colts and would continue to do so until 1911. (The 38 Colt failed in action and was withdrawn)

The Russians also competed with these in international shoots. Clearly someone knew how to accurize one.

My best 10 shot group at 25 yards was 6 1/4" horz by 5" vertical.

Oddly my DA group was the same but in the but the spread was in the opposite direction.

I followed some of those links you provided (thanks!) and will undoubtedly spend a little time inside this puppy.

If I can get a decent trigger I will consider casting bullets and reloading for this little puppy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If you find good data, post it here, please. I've been meaning to get one, sooner or later...
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Surplusrifle.com for disassembly instructions, it's a pretty cool site for C&R stuff.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought it for the oddity nature. As a 7 shot, DA revolver with gas sealing, it is odd. Not that I intend to but this is the only revolver that can actually be silenced.Also keep in mind that at the time of its' adoption, the US Army was still issuing SA Colts and would continue to do so until 1911. (The 38 Colt failed in action and was withdrawn)

The Russians also competed with these in international shoots. Clearly someone knew how to accurize one.

My best 10 shot group at 25 yards was 6 1/4" horz by 5" vertical.

Oddly my DA group was the same but in the but the spread was in the opposite direction.

I followed some of those links you provided (thanks!) and will undoubtedly spend a little time inside this puppy.

If I can get a decent trigger I will consider casting bullets and reloading for this little puppy.

I read somewhere that the germans made a silencer for a .357 revolver do a search and i bet you come up with something, im to tired to do it right now maybe later
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top