Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2002 6:17:54 PM EDT
Wow, my first double action 45 acp. revolver. And I thought speed loaders were fast....

Great finish, smooth triger and great size.
I will let you guys know how it does after I get to the range.

Taurus even supplied five full moon clips for it. I am going to have to call them Monday to get more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
must have a range report!!!

I am considering getting one myself.  I wanted a ccw revolver/fun to shoot sort of gun.  I was lookig at the 4" model.  I saw some at a gun show this weekend.  my ipressions were that it was a little bit to big (want something in a J or N frame).  also, the cylinder looks very long for the 45 acp.  when you take her out, let me knwo the jump distance (between the end of the cylinder and the front of the bullet).  

sloth
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one in 45 Colt and it is excellent. It is a 4" with 5 shot cylinder. With win silvertips 225gr I am getting 4" groups off a knee rest while sitting and with a bench to rest on I am a little better. My handloads are in a paper plate at 50 yds from a sitting rest over my knees.

Mine has a very strong trigger pull but it is smooth all the way thru. I want to get some wolf springs to lighten it a little.

It is by no means a S&W fit and finish but I did not pay for a S&W but a Taurus. The side plate is smooth fitting and a nice tight fit with no slop. The cylinder is nicely finished inside and the cases fall out the first 4 or 5 cylinders full. the lockup is nice and tight with no front to back or side to side movement but a tiny bit of rotational movement.

With my handloads of 255 gr SWC the recoil is a solid hit which is taken up by the gripper grips and muzzle flip is a minimum due to the porting.

Comparing it to my S&W 66 for size comparision the Tracker is a little bit smaller length and heightwise and the cylinder is about the same. It is a lighter gun than the 65 due to bigger holes in the barrel and cyl.

I am planning on carrying it for white tails this year as a close range 50 yds and under gun this year and as I see what I can do with it over the next year I might move out further.

Overall it is a keeper!!!!!

BTW this is my 2nd tracker, my other is a 6" 357. and it is a keeper also

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top