Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 8:01:00 AM EDT
I decided on Honady 158gr XTP bullets and am searching for a good load for it.  I am doing some test loading with Unique powder and will be buying some AA#7 and doing some test loads with that too.  Does anyone have a favorite load they use for deer?  I am using a Taurus 65 with a 6 inch barrel.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with AA#7, but Win. 296, Hogdon H110, and Aliante/ Hercules 2400 are the classic magnum pistol powders.  If you want maximum loads as I suspect you would for deer you may wish to look at one of these.

BTW I'm a big fan of the XTP bullets in my .41 Mag.  They seem to expand a little less and penetrate deeper giving you the option of not having to take that perfect broadside shot.

Kent
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided on going with 2400 and Unique powders.  So far I've loaded Winchester WSPM primers with 13 and 14 grains of 2400 with the 158gr XTP's.  I'll be loading the Unique tomorrow.  Haven't finalized a load for that yet.  I'll be chronographing these loads so I'll come back with a full report.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top