Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 3:05:04 PM EDT
Does anybody know where I can order some of these? I have a Taurus .38 special.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
www.moonclips.com sells them. Is your revolver cut for moon clips? If not you need to get speedloaders instead.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not even know that you could get them for 38 spl, I thought moon clips were only for rimless cartridges
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I did not even know that you could get them for 38 spl, I thought moon clips were only for rimless cartridges

+1 ditto
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.moonclips.com sells them. Is your revolver cut for moon clips? If not you need to get speedloaders instead.

I dont know. I just picked it up. Its my first revolver.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, moonclips on a .38 special revolver?
I could see if it was a .45ACP or .38 super
plenty of speedloaders out their for your application
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, you can use moon clips with any cartridges in a revolver, rimmed or not.  

BUT... the cylinder has to be cut to use them.  I don't know of any .38s or .357s that are cut from the factory, so unless you have it done Gary, you won't be able to use moon clips.  

I have heard, tho, that if you have a rimmed cartridge revolver cut for moon clips, you can still use cartridges without the moon clips.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top