Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 7:09:19 AM EDT
Took it to the range yesterday to set the sights. After zeroing it at 25yds (at which range many of the shots were touching) I fired it at 100yds just to see what it would do. Firing with the muzzle sitting on a rest it was holding a 6" group. I was very impressed.
I think I have a deer hunting pistol now.
Oh yeah, the details,
7 1/2 barrel shooting winchester white box .44mag ammo.

I wonder how well it will do one handed and in the weaver stance?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 5.5 inch blued Redhawk. I am very impressed with it also. Here on my little farm I shoot steel targets at one hundred yards using my knee for support in the sitting position. Steel targets are 12" x 12". I hit them more often than not. Sometimes I'll hit with a full cylinder. I have a salt block out for the deer close to my range. The other day I shot it just for the heck of it at one hundred yards and the results were spectacular! Better than water jugs, though at $4.50 a piece the blocks can get rather expensive. The blocks will take about eight rounds before coming completely apart. For a heavy duty .44mag, you can't beat the Redhawk.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 5.5 stainless RH chambered for the 45 Colt, I use a 335 cast at 1320fps with very good accuracy. This particular Ruger was probably one of the worst Ruger Revolvers out of the box I have acquired, however the things that mattered were good (straight sights, correct size throats, very good trigger and a good barrel/ cyl gap) with minimal work it is now a very good Revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top