Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 2:47:28 AM EDT
Its black in color its a 38 special "made in w germany"  there is a oval circle with the letters "HWM on the frame on the right side of the gun.  above that there is a "ea/r" then above that the serial number 15038**.  above that is three oddly looking designs.  also just above the handle behind where it says made in w germany it says "eaa hialeah, fl".  
on the left side of the gun's barrel it says "38 special"  

I have no other info on this pistol i do have a very bad picture via cell phone if anyone wants to host it for me.  thank you for the help
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
ok i googled it like crazy for 30 minutes and came up with  European American Armory.  Its my best guess.

ETA: one of my deputies brought it in as evidence.  He took its possesor to jail for unlawful carry.  Anyway he wanted to run it to see if it was stolen but we have to have the maker of the gun.  Ofcourse being the unsavy gungeek the deputy was, he knew he needed to bring it to his very savy gungeek dispatcher to get analized by ARFCOM!  thus here we are.  Although i think i did end up googling it.  If anyone wants to host a pic for me i will send it to their email via my cell phone.  

Looked like a pretty cool looking gun really!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#2]
EAA is European American Armory, of Florida.

www.eaacorp.com/

They import a number of guns, including the "Witness" CZ-75 "clones", and a series of revolvers from Germany they call the "Windicator".
These inexpensive revolvers are actually made by Hans-Hermann Weihrauch of Mellrichstadt, Germany.

Check EAA's web site for ID on these revolvers, and I'm sure they can also give you information if you contact them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#3]
oops, already answered
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
couple members offered to host pic for me.  thanks to them they should be below in a day or two.

thanks again guys  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's the pic from Citabria7GCBC:

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably gonna need a better photo than that to get help identifying it. Do you have a larger or more detailed photo?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty definitely an older model of the EAA "Windicator".

Here's a link to a EAA web site picture of the current version of the gun:

www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witness-revolvers-windicator-EI.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like an old Erma - German import; but I'd need a closer look...

Regards,

Kevin
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks phil.  I got one other picture that is a little closer to the weapon.  its to id some markings. I sent it to another member but i see its not hosted yet.  hope he will get it up for you guys soon.  thanks again for hosting the picture.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top