Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
has anyone here had any experience with the 4in Rossi .357 mag, I was thinking about getting a revolver, and a lever action in the same caliber, and the price of the Rossi fits. A friend has the 2 in model, it seems well made, shoots well, but the cylinder lockup is not very tight.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
the 2" .357 Rossi I had wasn't accurate at all so I dumped it. At 15 yards I wasn't even on paper but my friends Ruger SP101 was lots better and so is my .38 S&W snubbie
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one (4-inch) and liked it ok, I guess. I put a set of Pachmayr "compac" grips on it, and the recoil wasn't worth mentioning; all I ever shot in it were 158 grn .357's.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 2" also and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I kept it less than a week.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Got one now accurate as any 2" barrel. 100% reliable. Had in pocket last night. Good weapon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Had one of those, a POS. not for long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had 2 of the 4" models and 2 of the 3" "compensated" models come through my hands over the years.  I never had any problems with them, but they weren't particularly accurate (as many have noted above) and they just didn't instill confidence that they would hold up like my S&Ws.  I parted with all four.

FWIW, I had one of their 4" .38 Specials (don't know if they still make that model - IIRC it was a 951 ???) and it was a fine little revolver & more accurate than any of their .357s I owned - it's the only Rossi I regret parting with.  

OTOH, I had one of their 2" .38 snubbies lock up completely after the very first round out of the box - had to be returned/replaced.  

ETA:  BTW, I have one of their .38/.357 "Puma" lever-guns and it's a great little carbine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the info guys, i think my choices will now be either a Ruger or S&W

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my S&W 642, I can actually hit my targets with it and it's really light.
The .38+P rounds are kind of harsh with that little grip but it's manageable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top