Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2015 12:03:53 PM EDT
I know this is petty, but I recently Bought a Smith 340PD for CC. I work in a office building, where I would like to keep this very unnoticeable. So i carry on my ankle. After about a week of carrying i noticed a rattle when I walk. at first i thought I was reading to much into this. Well today when i walked into my bosses office a comment was made that my shoes were loud. Now, she didn't know what caused the noise, but i did.
So has anyone noticed this in any of there TI cylinder revolvers?. I was thinking maybe a dab of fingernail polish on the case rim would stop it or something.

Again I know this is petty, but it is driving me a little nuts.    
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This is likely one of two things.

1; the cartrides, or 2; the hammer block/transfer bar.

It is a fairly common problem to have a rattle due to the hammer block. Their isn't much you can do, however some have reported success in quieting it by applying a dab of grease in the track where the transfer bar rides.

To quickly determine the cause, unload the revolver and walk around with it as you normally do. If you still have the rattle, it is the transfer bar. If you don't it's the cartridges. In the case of the cartridges, I don't know what to tell you, sorry.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response. When Unloaded, there is no sound.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Try shoes with a softer sole to lessen the impact when you put your feet down.  I notice a BIG difference when I wear a suit with leather bottom dress shoes, vs. when I'm walking around with sneakers; really, big difference.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same thing with my 360 PD
It's the cases rattling.
I work in a pretty noisy environment so it's not much of a concern for me.

Dave N
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Most will just assume its change in your pocket.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the post. I wearing shoft soled shoes yesterday ( Ecco Dress shoes) But i am just going to forget about it. Its going to be a part of it. you cant have 100%.
i was mad about it at the time, But for me the 11 oz is more of a pay of than a slient 22 oz gun.

thanks again guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top