Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2015 7:08:08 PM EDT
My safariland opens up in my pocket every time I carry it. It's a 5 shot 38/357. Anyone know of an sp101 reloader that doesn't do this?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used HKS speed loaders for many years.  Safariland speed loaders have been problematic for me in the past too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/466721/hks-revolver-speedloader-charter-arms-rossi-68-ruger-sp101-s-and-w-36-37-38-40-42-49-60-38-special-357-magnum
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
once upon a time I carried a SW442 in a fanny pack with HKS speed loaders... not as tight as a pocket, but never had a problem with them... switched to Bianchi style speed strips to reduce bulk
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My experience is the direct opposite I have had hks open up while carrying but never a safariland
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... switched to Bianchi style speed strips to reduce bulk
View Quote

This is the truth you seek
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the SL Variant, from http://www.bobmacs.com They are currently out of stock.

With the LCR, I also carry Quick Strip loaded with 4 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... switched to Bianchi style speed strips to reduce bulk

Yeah, I use those too sometimes and I think I may go back to them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:57:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My experience is the direct opposite I have had hks open up while carrying but never a safariland
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well mine is the opposite yet.  I've never had an HKS open on me.  I've been carrying one for about 2-3 years now.  I do also carry a speedstrip on me though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.

S.L. Variant. German made. Available in a large variety of revolvers. Adjustable spread of bullets. Each cartridge is individually sprung. I have carried this loader for more than two years and not once has it lost a cartridge. You do need to clean out the lint from time to time.

Bob Macs has them. Go ahead and order if back ordered. Only way I have found to get them.

I do not work for or personally know Mr. Macs but have been satisfied with his service.

http://bobmacs.com/products/speedloaders
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no issues with the HKS line in python, k frames and N frames so far.  

The Safariland ones I got from a guy on cast boolits were trash(ed).   I can't say the design is junk but they didn't work for me but were well used and weakly held anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Go buy some new ones.

You will toss the HKS ones in the part drawer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Safariland ones I got from a guy on cast boolits were trash(ed).   I can't say the design is junk but they didn't work for me but were well used and weakly held anything.

Go buy some new ones.

Well I recently picked up a near new S&W model 28-2 and have only the one speedloader that was in the shop.   I will pick up at least one to try out, the HKS one is a tight squeeze with the original Magna grips on it.  I hate to think what it'd be like with target grips.

ETA- well so much for the N frame plan, they don't support them unless you're with the .44's.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You need grips that are cut for speedloaders. I have a Model 10 subbie with Magna grips and the Safarilands will not work unless you jimmy them around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go buy some new ones.

Well I recently picked up a near new S&W model 28-2 and have only the one speedloader that was in the shop.   I will pick up at least one to try out, the HKS one is a tight squeeze with the original Magna grips on it.  I hate to think what it'd be like with target grips.

You need grips that are cut for speedloaders. I have a Model 10 subbie with Magna grips and the Safarilands will not work unless you jimmy them around.

On the 28 that's what I'm finding, it's kind of like a semi controlled drop.....I am releasing with just the noses in the mouths of the chambers.   Not a high speed way to go.   I suspect I'll pick up some Hogues for it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top