Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:39:40 PM EDT
Anyone have anything to say about them? Always wanted a .32 H&R magnum single action just to reload for and plink. Seen a .327 today and really liked it. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If you wanted a .32 H&R, get the .327. It's even better.

Someday, Starline may even make brass for it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I was kind of thinking about getting one of these; I really like the .32mag and the extra power of seven rounds of .327 in an easy to carry package would make a nice woods gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Starline makes .327 Brass once a year. They just did their run around the end of 2014, so you will have to wait until the next run if you reload, and want a bulk amount of brass, for a decent price.

I originally had three Single Seven's on order, one of each barrel length, because Lipsey made it sound like it was going to be a very limited run, and they would be hard to get.

They are the single most available revolver in .327, which makes it less desirable for me. I canceled my order, and am waiting for a Blackhawk or GP100 to come up for a decent price.

That being said, I LOVE the .327 revolvers. They are extremely versatile, I own a Smith 632-2 as well as a Charter Arms Patriot that I got very cheap. For a J-frame, the 632 is just too heavy for me to carry, not to mention the 3" barrel with tall front sight, and adjustable rear sight, are not very good for carrying. I have since switched to a Smith 432PD, which is much, much nicer, and offers a good punch.

If you can get a Single Seven for a good price, or need a quality woods gun (and don't have to defend against Grizzlies), I think the Single Seven in 5.5" would be an awesome choice. I will get one, eventually, it just isn't on my list of "get right now" guns.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Single-Six in .32 H&R.  It was a nice gun.  The only gripe about it that I had was the loading gate.  Because the .32/.327 case is just barely smaller than the loading gate opening, you have to get the case perfectly lined up with the loading gate to extract the fired case. It ends up being kinda fiddly to unload.  Loading was no problem, and the gun shot well.  

I've seen the Single-Seven, but I haven't handled one so I have no good info there.  It looks pretty nice though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I love my Single seven. I have the 5" one.   Even though it's had a few things that needed tweaking that it should have gone back for.  I widened out the loading ramp with a drum on a dremel knocked down a few rough edges or it wouldn't load or unload very well.  Deepened the cylinder pin retainer plunger hole to negate the pin working out.  Something else too that I don't remember.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top