Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2002 6:35:58 AM EDT
I had a chance to shoot one of the new S&W Heritage 1917s recently and I was underwhelmed.

The gun was very tight and everybit as accurate as my real 1917s. It took any brand of ammo that we tried and just chunked along. We even tried a different brand in each cylinder and like a good revolver, it just said, "So what?".

BUT...

Retail price is $1000.00

OUCH

Sure did make me like my under $400.00 1917s a whole lot more.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What model is that colt?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What model is that colt?

That is a yet unfired Police Positive in 38 Colt New Police. According to the original owner he bought it in '23 or '24.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Are they worth a lot? (yes its been fired)

The reason I ask is. I received my grandfathers after he died, it was his service revolver a long time ago.

I have the box, the instructions,
even some brochures that were with it.  

I will never get rid of it, but its good to know.

also, is there a way to tell the year it was made?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have said not much until just recently, but then the prices started goung crazy.

They are a great shooter though. There are some guides that will give you the approximate birth date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top