Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2013 6:06:00 PM EDT
I picked this up from a local ad tonight(!) and need some ideas.

I'd like to shoot silhouette matches with it and use the same gun in open and optic classes.

I use a custom front sight and rail on my 629 Classic and the Leupold Quick-Release rings work great.

So here's my question: Does anyone make a quick release system or a system with a "tunnel" so I can mount my Matchdot on the 8" 629 factory barrel mounts and still use the factory irons?

(crosses fingers and waits)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any quick disconnect .....
 I used this set-up and just put the Pro=Point on/off as needed.The Weaver base was mounted to the rib so it stayed on the gun.It worked very well and always went back to " 0" (or very,very close) I used this mostly indoor 50' Bullseye and some PPC matches.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
NICE wheelie! Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
OP do a little digging,  I believe that pistol may be called an 8-3/8 barrel.  Buddy of mine has a 686 with the same size barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top