Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 9:04:14 PM EDT
I have an old S&W 66-1 that had a screwed up rear sight.  The blade was dented up pretty good and  the adjustment screw was broken.  I got the gun in this condition and that was the only problem.  It's a 66-1 that's pinned and recessed and I got it cheap so I can't complain.  

Last week I got new S&W parts, the blade, the screw and the windage nut on the other side.  There was no detent ball in the existing screw when I got it apart.  Does anyone sell that part?  It's usable now if I run the windage nut down tight and stake it after I sight it in and it will have what amounts to a fixed rear sight.  But if I can get the detent ball I will.  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Brownells has these parts...just installed a new screw and all the goodies ball/spring etc.

Supposed to use a new screw anytime you take these apart.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Great, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top