Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2002 5:45:28 AM EDT
A friend of mine wants to know a fair seling price for a model 44v (?) 6 in. barrel in about 95% cond. Told him I knew where I could get some help. THANKS
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discontinued in '95...in 95% condition, Blue book says $265. Gun Digest book of modern gun values states $275 in VG, $325 in Exc. $447 was last msr price. Hope that helps ya. How did you know to come here for some help? C'mon back to visit too!
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A friend of mine wants to know a fair seling price for a model 44v (?) 6 in. barrel in about 95% cond. Told him I knew where I could get some help. THANKS

heyboy
Is it the complete set with all barrels?

jim
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Always someone in the know on AR15.com. No package deal just the single barrel. Handguns mag had a new product article on a new manf. DW with 3 barrels 2 grips and case. Sugg retail was about $1200+ best I can rem. THANKS
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing about Dans...they cost a lot when purchased but resale isn't quite there. Of course stainless goes for more. The newest owners are tryin' to make them as good as possible, it seems but priced accordingly. My old DW .357 was $150 at a show, last year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
OK well here's my question
I have a Dan Wessen pistol pack 22 cal in a case with I think is about 6 or 7 different barrels. I aquired it from my father in pistol is in mint condition just wanting to know the value of this item....any help would be great  thanks......
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK well here's my question
I have a Dan Wessen pistol pack 22 cal in a case with I think is about 6 or 7 different barrels. I aquired it from my father in pistol is in mint condition just wanting to know the value of this item....any help would be great  thanks......

Hi there ezduzit. My slightly older Blue book says the Model 22 pistol pac was discontinued in 1995 and the values are...in 100%, $520 and that includes 4 barrels, aluminum box, extra grip and 4 front sight blades. Add $103 for vent rib, add $227 for the heavy vent rib. (thats the full lug under the barrel) Last suggested retail price was $653. More barrels of course not factored in those figures and based on blue not stainless. Hope thats what you wanted to know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Anothergene
thanks for the info it does helpmine is not in a silver case but rather a brouwn one fully lined and has 7 different barrels lengths, like i said its in mint cond..i plan on keeping it that way .....
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I always liked Dans concept, swapping barrels. Also easier to clean too. Pricing on all the barrels and shrouds, is well more than the gun itself! I remember some pistol pacs even had a blank grip (you finish) and a belt buckle too. As you most likely know, Dan Wesson, as a company, has been in and out of business a few times through the years. I think yours was made about 2 "companies" ago. A story I like to tell...many years ago, I called the factory, then in Monson, Mass. A fellow answered the phone as the floorsweeper...turned out it was Dan himself! We talked for a bit about this and that, when he confided in me that his .44 was on the drawing board. He may be gone but his guns live on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top