Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2012 8:02:09 PM EDT
I picked up a beautiful Model 18-2...easily 99% appears to be unfired
Can anybody determine a date of manufacture/shipping from the serial number?
Serial K7040XX

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#1]
18-2 was manufactured from 1961-66. Your serial number is from approx 1966.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

I forgot to post a pic. I bought it to be a shooter  The bluing is so perfect it almost looks fake...having second thoughts.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks!

I forgot to post a pic. I bought it to be a shooter  The bluing is so perfect it almost looks fake...having second thoughts.

Not the worst dilemma to have at least!

That is a pretty revolver.  Personally I would shoot it but wouldn't put a pretty face like that in a holster.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks!

[div]I forgot to post a pic. I bought it to be a shooter  The bluing is so perfect it almost looks fake...having second thoughts.
[div]

shoot it and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
A .22 that you don't want to put a decent amount of rounds through seems like an oxymoron

Beautiful gun btw.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree.  I bought it to shoot but I guess I wasn't expecting it to be this nice.  I've NEVER owned a gun that I didn't shoot...I'll have a range report tomorrow  

Quoted:

A .22 that you don't want to put a decent amount of rounds through seems like an oxymoron

Beautiful gun btw.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice.  And yeah, I'd shoot it.  I could see why you'd be having second thoughts about it though.  It looks pristine.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Beaut for sure! I can hear it whispering from here......"shoot me!...let's go shooting....let me show you how good I am!..."
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, someone owned it for 46 years and failed to accomplish what I did after just 40 hours of possession

Took it out to the river today for some plinking.  I ran about 300 rounds down the pipe and I'm just tickled.  This thing has a great trigger and after some sight tweaking I was literally chopping weeds in half at 10 yards.  Further out (25 - 40 yards) I was putting it on soda can size trash in the water with ease.  I had so much fun today!!!

Now for the complaint -

The sights are hard to see!!!  Black on black made it really tough when shooting at dark backgrounds and as it hit dusk I couldn't really hit anything.  Any suggestions?  I'd love an outlined rear blade and orange insert front sight.  Not very fond of front sight paint...is there any other option?  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, someone owned it for 46 years and failed to accomplish what I did after just 40 hours of possession

Took it out to the river today for some plinking.  I ran about 300 rounds down the pipe and I'm just tickled.  This thing has a great trigger and after some sight tweaking I was literally chopping weeds in half at 10 yards.  Further out (25 - 40 yards) I was putting it on soda can size trash in the water with ease.  I had so much fun today!!!

Now for the complaint -

The sights are hard to see!!!  Black on black made it really tough when shooting at dark backgrounds and as it hit dusk I couldn't really hit anything.  Any suggestions?  I'd love an outlined rear blade and orange insert front sight.  Not very fond of front sight paint...is there any other option?  

Nice find!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks!

Wow, that's purty!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#12]
truly great piece love it

notice the sig line
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top