Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2012 6:56:36 AM EDT
What's up with all the weird profiles i.e. slanted barrel shrouds, milled at weird angle cuts etc etc. not to mention that they no longer make a 5" model 625 in .45acp,
Which I greatly desire. They have three versions of the 625 in .45acp, and all three are 4 inch guns. I just don't get it. That barrel on the thunder ranch is red headed step child fugly.
Seems like with all the "classic" models they have this would be right up there. Bring back a 5 inch full lug stainless without the gold bead, and how about some nice grips like you put on the Talo guns. I lusted for a 5 inch 625 for years, and now that I can afford one they are no more. Rant off
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you on this one. Except my desire is for a 5" model 25, blued, in .45 LC, and not with a post front sight. I want the

ramp with the red insert like on the model 29. Guess there just aren't enough of us to make S&W take notice.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]
years ago,...I had a 5"  625  it was a deer killing machine, and cool as hell

I traded it off for something and regretted it
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The 625 has never been a big seller.  Every few years Smith cranks out a few in one variation or another.  Be patient, one will turn up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
45ACP FULL MOON CLIPS
Whats not to Love

I loaded mine up with 45-SUPER load data
(230gr speer gold-dot at 1150fps )
It was a great deer gun
The full clips make it super to load and unload. Quietly. Even in the dark

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What's up with all the weird profiles i.e. slanted barrel shrouds, milled at weird angle cuts etc etc. not to mention that they no longer make a 5" model 625 in .45acp,

Which I greatly desire. They have three versions of the 625 in .45acp, and all three are 4 inch guns. I just don't get it. That barrel on the thunder ranch is red headed step child fugly.

Seems like with all the "classic" models they have this would be right up there. Bring back a 5 inch full lug stainless without the gold bead, and how about some nice grips like you put on the Talo guns. I lusted for a 5 inch 625 for years, and now that I can afford one they are no more. Rant off

Even in the much-maligned Bangor-Punta days, S&W didn't turn out some of the idiocy they do now.

I don't see what the problem is with a simple tapered barrel (Model 27/28), straight barrel (Model 29/25) and full-underlug barrel (Model 29 Classic).
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
45ACP FULL MOON CLIPS
Whats not to Love

I loaded mine up with 45-SUPER load data
(230gr speer gold-dot at 1150fps )
It was a great deer gun
The full clips make it super to load and unload. Quietly. Even in the dark

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I like Auto Rim brass for my hotter handloads in my .45acp S&W.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The 625 with a 5" barrel became unpopular when IDPA changed its rules. I had used my 625 with a 5" barrel as a pin gun and had also used it in IDPA, back in the days.

I gave it to my youngest son and am really glad that it stays in the family.

No more S&W M625, no more real Swiss Hämmerlis, no more Swiss SIG P210s. These are sad times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top