Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 4:27:38 PM EDT
I am looking for a .45acp revolver.  I prefer S&W.  The only model I have seen in .45 is the brand new one they just came out with.  It was something like 329 PD or something like that.  I didn't like it because it was a short barrel but it was as fat as it was long.  Do they make one with a slimmer profile?  I am not worried about barrel length so much just want a slim design.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The 325PD - This one is mine...

I don't think you could make a much slimmer 45 and still have 6 shots. Taurus makes a 5 shoot that's a little smaller.  The 325 PD uses the same full moon clips that work in my 625 45 ACP revolvers, so that's a plus to me. Also saves on speedloaders
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that's the one!!!  It's awesome but way to fat for what I was wanting.  S&W doesn't make a 5 shot version?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah that's the one!!!  It's awesome but way to fat for what I was wanting.  S&W doesn't make a 5 shot version?

Nope.  It can't get any slimmer because of the size of the .45ACP.  A 5-shot on an L frame would be super-cool in my book, and I'd buy one in a heart-beat, but they don't make one.

The only slimmer .45 ACP revolver is the Taurus 5-shot.

Ross
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
.45 a.c.p. revolvers are not "fat"...they are "muscular"!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Breaking out the micrometer reveals that the cylinder on the 325PD is 1.71" in diameter, while the cylinder on my 696 (5-shot 44 Special L-frame), is 1.56".

So is that .15" what is stopping you from going with a six-shot 45 ACP?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top