Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 1:45:24 PM EDT
Hello everyone ...

I'm not much of a revolver guy so I hoping for some help getting some info on a pair of revolvers I just got my hands on.

One is a 5" 27-3 50th Anniversary edition S&W confirmed is 1:2500 made in 1985 engraved at the factory.  I will probably end up selling it and was wondering its value.

The second is a 6" 27-2 engraved.  S&W was not able to tell me if it was factory engraved because it predates their computer database.  They did note that many of their revolvers in this range did ship engraved and it was probably made late 70's or early 80's.  Any way to tell if the engraving is factory?  Seller said it was but who knows.  What would the value on this one be?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I see the 50th Anniv. gun quite a lot.  When it's priced around $700, it sells.  I see the same gun at the same table show after show when it has a $1000 price tag.

As for the 27-2 engraved, provenance dictates the price.  If it's factory, it's worth more.  Maybe the same if the engraver is well known.  I was wondering if you were told it might be/might not be over the phone or in a factory letter.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

Post these photos on the S-Wforum and you'll get the answer you need.  That's the hangout for  the very serious and knowledgeable S&W collectors . . . including Roy Jinks himself.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi,

Post these photos on the S-Wforum and you'll get the answer you need.  That's the hangout for  the very serious and knowledgeable S&W collectors . . . including Roy Jinks himself.

Ditto: http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

I would get a letter on the engraved 27 from Mr. Jinks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top