Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2009 2:29:47 AM EDT
PROBLEM:

With .380 ammo nearly impossible to buy I am not shooting my LCP in order to save what little ammo I have for actual CCW carry purposes and maybe allow myself 5 or 10 rounds of practice every few months.
That's not good for a variety of reasons.

SOLUTION:
Is it feasible for Ruger to offer a "drop-in/drop-on" conversion kit for the LCP in .22LR? I think it's a great idea and would allow for more "trigger time" and then swap on the original .380 parts back for CCW & HD

BENEFITS:

LCP owners will shoot more. Ruger will sell more LCPs and the kits.

I wrote Ruger this morning about it. Let's see if they respond!

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be IN!!  I've been wanting a .22 pistol and that would be awesome if I could use my LCP for it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it sounds like a great idea and I don't even have an LCP.

I would ask you this though, can you think of any firearm that wouldn't be more fun, practical, etc. if a .22 conversion was available for it?  

I hope to hear a response to your query,
Scott
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This seems like a GREAT IDEA and FULL OF WIN.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
PROBLEM:

With .380 ammo nearly impossible to buy I am not shooting my LCP in order to save what little ammo I have for actual CCW carry purposes and maybe allow myself 5 or 10 rounds of practice every few months.

SOLUTION:
Is it feasible for Ruger to offer a "drop-in/drop-on" conversion kit for the LCP in .22LR? I think it's a great idea and would allow for more "trigger time" and then swap on the original .380 parts back for CCW & HD

BENEFITS:

Thoughts?

I've found .380 ammo easier than I can find an LCP, so I don't think Ruger is worried about selling more (at least right now).  I found 2 in stock this weekend at the Tampa gunshow for $500...yup, double their cost.  Let Ruger catch up on manufacturing before they can think about conversion kits.  Your best bet is to find an aftermarket mfg and make this suggestion to them, IMO.

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd definitely buy a kit for my LCP if someone made one
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd definitely buy a kit for my LCP if someone made one

+1
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Sold another one Ruger if are reading this...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
PROBLEM:

SOLUTION:

BENEFITS:

Thoughts?

Dang, I already thought of that last week when I shot the last of my FMJ's. I said to a shooter next to me and said , now, only if this was a 22lr I would have 500+ rounds to shoot now. Since I was shooting my S&W Model 34-1 .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top