Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 8:20:06 PM EDT
So I go to an estate sale today and there were quite a collection of firearms for sale.  Most were junk but I saw a real nice Blackhawk.  Turns out to be a Super Blackhawk New Model in .44 Magnum.  Perfect bluing, 7 1/2" barrel and even better, unfired!   It turns out it's a 1976 model because it states on the top of the barrel, "Made in the 200th year of american liberty".  I paid $300 for it............did I do OK.  Pics soon......camera out of batteries.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a decent deal to me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good deal.

Are you going to shoot it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say you did great.

And I don't think any blackhawk was meant to be a safe queen.

Treat it well, but shoot the damn thing.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good deal.

Are you going to shoot it?

Just got back from the range with her.  Fired 15 rounds to sight her in.  At 25 yards firing from a sandbag and after adjusting the sights, I got her to get 1/4" groups close to the x ring.  I'm very impressed with her.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are happy then the the $300 you spent was well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top