Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 12:58:20 AM EDT
When I think of Rugers I think of rifles and revolvers.

In the .45acp realm I stick to 1911s, but lately I have been considering something else that isn't polymer frame.
Any model suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude, going from 1911s to ANY of the Ruger .45s is going to be a major disappointment for you.

If you are wanting something different in a .45 get a SIG P220.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I enjoy my ruger p-90 over my 1911 but i enjoy my HK over both of them
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want a metal framed Ruger in .45 ACP, you want a P-90, nuff said.  You can either get it blued or stainless, manual safety or decock only, up to you.  The only other semi-auto they make in .45 ACP, to the best of my knowledge, is the P-97 which is plastic framed.

Edited to add:  Or, you could buy a Ruger Blackhawk .45 Cal convertible.  A simple cylinder swap and you go from .45 Long Colt to .45 ACP and back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Owned a P90 for a couple of years now.  Goes bang every time I pull the trigger, something none of the 1911's I 've owned can say.  As accurate as any stock 1911 (note I said stock, not comparing it to $1,700 Ed Brown or any such).  

For the money they're tough to beat.  Kind of ugly and a big ol' piece tin to carry around  but I have absolutley no comaplaints on mine.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad's P90DC has been great,  it eats everything we feed it other than some lead round nose reloads.

If you run out of ammo and are in a bind you could certainly beat 'things' with it.  It is pretty hefty and tough.

Pretty good trigger for an inexpensive pistol too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top