Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:48:49 AM EDT
I saw a ruger DAO 9mm (I forget the model number )in a gun shop about a week ago for $347
The owner offered to sell for $320, but I thought it was worth checking with people who are more experienced with the line than I am.

BTW How do they shot and whats the relabiltiy like?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#1]
reliability is amazing.  there are 4 possible models--p89, p93, p94, p95.  all come in dao configurations.  the p89 is full size while the others have shorter barrels/slides.  the frames are all the same size though and all take the same mags.  the p95 has a polymer frame while the others are alloy or steel--honestly not sure offhand.  the p94 is generally considered to have higher fit and finish than the others.  

was the pistol you saw new or used?  if it is used and not a p94 then that price is not very good at all.  if you can get it out the door for $310 then you are doing better.  keep in mind that a new p95 can be had for $350 in most areas.

where in va are you?  i am over in manassas.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I remeber now it was a P93 it looked to be new to me, no noticiable wear and the grease looked to be ruger factory standard.  Came with the case and probally the spare mag that was inside.

(whoops) I am in the southwestern end of the state in Carroll County up by the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
i would still say that isn't a great price but if it comes with the case and all that then that bumps it up a little.  if you can talk it down some then you are doing well.  if the guy is ready to knock $30 off it to get it out the door, imagine how low he might go if you start talking about it.  tax will be just under $15 and if you can get it out the door for $315 then you did alright.  

the other thing i forgot is that ruger double action trigger pulls are generally long and heavy.  but it is the kind of thing you get used to.  they are fun to shoot and will eat anything.  however there have been issues with remington umc and wolf--but that is due to the crapiness of the ammo.  also remember that ruger customer service is about the best there is.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI CDNN has new 93 DAO's for $250, but you got to add shipping and an FFL fee to that. Probably bring you to about $290 out the door. Maybe you can use that as a barganing chip.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FYI CDNN has new 93 DAO's for $250, but you got to add shipping and an FFL fee to that. Probably bring you to about $290 out the door. Maybe you can use that as a barganing chip.

Where are they selling for that price?  I saw used ones selling for that much, and I just purchased (locally) a used P93DC (not DAO, yuck) for $230 + tax + transfer fee.

Check out Summit Gun Broker.  He also sells on AuctionArms.com and Gunbroker.com under the seller name "summit gun".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top