Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 8:34:10 AM EDT

Is it me or does muzzle flip affect accuracy?  I put in a new 14lb action spring with the included firing pin spring from Wolffe Spings, 12lb is factory, and it shot tighter groups.  The recoil was smoother and muzzle flip greatly reduced.  The XP spring is a good upgrade to the P97.

Shok
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely the flip affects your accuracy but not the pistols and the extra power recoil spring helps you handle the pistol better. I hate the flip myself and install extra power springs in all my .40s.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
If it improves the recoil I may have to give it a shot. The recoil on my P97 already is smooth as butter, one of the more enjoyable .45 acps I own.

ETA: As far as muzzle flip, as he said above it makes it easier on the shooter. I find it harder to get back on target with my .40s than my .45s due to the muzzle flip. I can hold a halfway decent group double tapping multiple targets with my 1911s or Ruger but my .40s is another story, require more practice.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top