Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2005 6:51:18 AM EDT
Is there a legal and somewhat affordable silencer available for the Ruger 22 pistols?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Any possibility I could get you to elaborate?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Its  legal if you have a class 3 license...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So that would make it not very affordable.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
alot of vague answers.

Legal - YES/NO depending on where you live.
Affordable?? - YES   requires a one time "tax" of $200 per item . This is in addition to the cost of the unit itself.

You are talking about a MKi,MKii,MKiii pistol??

There are 2 options
(1) You must use a BULL barrel model. They can move the front sight back, turn the barrel down and thread it. ($125 or so)
(2) Buy a tactical solutions PAC-LITE reciever/barrel assembly ($200)

As for silencers go, I went with a SWR WARLOCK.  They run around $300.  Then you have to pay the "TAX" so that brings the total to $500.

As for pistols go, I have a WALTHER p22. You can buy a adaptor for $30 and be good to go with it.

I haven't gotten my suppressor yet (be another month), and I am about to send my Ruger off to get done.  I am also getting my Beretta m21 pocket pistol threaded.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Silencers are legal in 33 states, but Michigan is not one of them. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you buy a barrell with an integrated (permanent) silencer that mounts on a MKII lower (like the rifle the Israeli's use)? If so, who makes it and how much does it cost?) Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can you buy a barrell with an integrated (permanent) silencer that mounts on a MKII lower (like the rifle the Israeli's use)? If so, who makes it and how much does it cost?) Thanks.

TAG. Also, could the regular and NOT integrated be used on any 22 as long as the threads are correct?
ruger MK II and say a marlin 989 in .22 LR?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]
thook, no one I know sells just the barrel with the silencer built it. You can send your pistol off and they can build it using your pistol as the base.

unkempt1.   Sure.  Most 22lr silencers are threaded 1/2x28.  Provided your weapon is threaded 1/2x28 then sure you can put it on anything.

My silencer is going to be used on a P22, Ruger  Mkii, and a Ruger 10/22
The walther P22 is the easiest to get ready for a silencer.
The ruger mk line of pistols, it cost $75 to $100 to get the barrel threaded. You can buy a complete threaded upper for $200
Same deal goes with the 10/22 also
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
thook, no one I know sells just the barrel with the silencer built it. You can send your pistol off and they can build it using your pistol as the base.

unkempt1.   Sure.  Most 22lr silencers are threaded 1/2x28.  Provided your weapon is threaded 1/2x28 then sure you can put it on anything.

My silencer is going to be used on a P22, Ruger  Mkii, and a Ruger 10/22
The walther P22 is the easiest to get ready for a silencer.
The ruger mk line of pistols, it cost $75 to $100 to get the barrel threaded. You can buy a complete threaded upper for $200
Same deal goes with the 10/22 also

Very cool, I'm thinking on getting one, but still in the thinking process.

thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
No problem.
Remember it is $200 tax regardless of if you buy a cheap ass $100 silencer or if you buy a $300 one.  But remember this..
If you go cheap, then you just wasted $200 in tax cause if you will not be happy with it and if you sell it, you will not recoupe your funds.
I prefered to do some reading.  For the money either a pilot or a warlock is the way to go.
Either way, it will cost you $300 to $400 not including tax.

You can purchase a Ruger MKii with a built in silencer, but it will cost you $1K USD and then you can use it on anything else.
For your first one get a 22lr one and get a Walther P22.
If you like it you can always get a mkii and get it threaded or a pac-lite upper.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No problem.
Remember it is $200 tax regardless of if you buy a cheap ass $100 silencer or if you buy a $300 one.  But remember this..
If you go cheap, then you just wasted $200 in tax cause if you will not be happy with it and if you sell it, you will not recoupe your funds.
I prefered to do some reading.  For the money either a pilot or a warlock is the way to go.
Either way, it will cost you $300 to $400 not including tax.

You can purchase a Ruger MKii with a built in silencer, but it will cost you $1K USD and then you can use it on anything else.
For your first one get a 22lr one and get a Walther P22.
If you like it you can always get a mkii and get it threaded or a pac-lite upper.

My biggest issue is I don't know if I want the .22 or to invest in a .45 instead.  can't really afford both. in time hopefully.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My biggest issue is I don't know if I want the .22 or to invest in a .45 instead.  can't really afford both. in time hopefully.

that is something you will have to figure out yourself....

I went with a 22 one first because ammo is cheap and I already got 1 gun threaded 1/2x28.
Remember that you have to factor in the cost of weapon modification (threading) when you factor in a silencer.

BTW I just picked up a threaded 10/22 stainless bull barrel for $130 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that is something you will have to figure out yourself....

I went with a 22 one first because ammo is cheap and I already got 1 gun threaded 1/2x28.
Remember that you have to factor in the cost of weapon modification (threading) when you factor in a silencer.

BTW I just picked up a threaded 10/22 stainless bull barrel for $130 shipped.

I can see this getting addictive pretty quickly.

thank you for the information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top