Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 5:13:29 PM EDT
Where can I find one without getting hosed for shipping?   My pin ( the big one in front of the gip frame) is snapped in two.    I have no idea how it happened, I was getting some nasty trigger slap and took it apart, the pin fell out in 2 pieces.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where can I find one without getting hosed for shipping?   My pin ( the big one in front of the gip frame) is snapped in two.    I have no idea how it happened, I was getting some nasty trigger slap and took it apart, the pin fell out in 2 pieces.

Uh, Ruger?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Last time I called them for a part they wanted me to ship the whole gun to them.   Overnighting a pistol is prohibitively expensive for a pin.    

Found one cheap at gun parts co.  I'll probably order when I figure out some other parts I might want on hand.   I dont like paying $9 shipping on a $2 part.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Last time I called them for a part they wanted me to ship the whole gun to them.   Overnighting a pistol is prohibitively expensive for a pin.    

Found one cheap at gun parts co.  I'll probably order when I figure out some other parts I might want on hand.   I dont like paying $9 shipping on a $2 part.

Uh, there is no legal requirement that a firearm be overnighted to anyone. You're making this too hard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
It's the UPS requirement since they have too many theiving employees.   I believe fedex does the same for handguns.   In any case it's still more than shipping on the part from numrich.   I'll just figure out some other small parts to get and order from them.   It's not that difficult, just more expensive than it should be.   It would just be easier if Ruger would drop one in an envelope and ship it.  No reason it should cost more than $1 to ship such a small part.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's the UPS requirement since they have too many theiving employees.   I believe fedex does the same for handguns.   In any case it's still more than shipping on the part from numrich.   I'll just figure out some other small parts to get and order from them.   It's not that difficult, just more expensive than it should be.   It would just be easier if Ruger would drop one in an envelope and ship it.  No reason it should cost more than $1 to ship such a small part.  

Uh, FYI, neither UPS or Federal Express are a legal entity; i.e. there is no way for them to enforce their policy. Ruger will return the gun to you via UPS ground. So no, the shipping to get the gun to Ruger will NOT cost more than the Numrich order.

Don't over complicate things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top