Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:32:20 AM EDT
I would like to hear some opinions on the P345. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It shoots nice, but I am not a fan of design of Ruger handguns, so I wil not get one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I own one.

I'm different than many people on arfcom it seems. I'm not a 'gun nut' or a 'gun snob'. I needed a reliable, comfortable handgun that wouldn't break the bank. I got exactly that. I bought mine brand new for $360. At that price range, I am extremely pleased with the weapon I got.

So far the pistol has been extrememly reliable, I've had 2 failures, both were failures to insert a round in the chamber. The slide was hung on the top cartridege of the magazine. Both were in the first 100 rounds and since I learned to rap the back of the magazine to ensure the rounds are seated properly, I've had no issues.

All in all, I really think that it's one hell of a bargain.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input. I'll probably buy a P345 sometime in the future. I know Rugers reputation is great, and they stand behind their products.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Those grow on me more and more. I am not a Ruger semi auto fan but the new frames make them feel like completely different pistols. The price is good too. I can not afford $$$ to be a gun snob and would not be one if I could. I have never understood why if I can hit with it and it is reliable and works for me why I should have spent $500 more. To each his own. I would say if YOU like it and are on a budget and want a .45 go for it.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#5]
The Ruger P-series guns have always felt "top heavy" to me.  They don't feel very well balanced IMO.  Does the grip design on the P345 help or hurt this?  

Personally I think it is a problem with most polymer framed guns so if Ruger has managed to do something about that it would be a nice improvement.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a P345 about three months ago.  I love it.  It has been reliable.

I agree that it doesn't feel as balanced as, say, a GSR or Kimber.  It does feel top heavy; however, I didn't pay for it to "THE PERFECT .45".  I wanted a reliable and sturdy .45 for under $400.  I feel I got my money's worth.  In fact, the only balanced .45 I have held was a 1911 and I just don't like 1911's that much.

Perhaps one day, I will get a Kimber or SIG, but for now, the P345 is a solid gun for the money.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish the P345 would have come out sooner. I would have bought it
instead of my P97. I like the grip better on the P345. The Hogue sleeve
works good though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger hit the ball out of the park with this one.  If you can find a better hand gun for the money, buy it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Ruger P-series guns have always felt "top heavy" to me.  They don't feel very well balanced IMO.  Does the grip design on the P345 help or hurt this?  

Personally I think it is a problem with most polymer framed guns so if Ruger has managed to do something about that it would be a nice improvement.  

Tony I am in the same boat as you but man this does not feel anything like the other Rugers to me. I just looked at one yesterday and it is sweet. It might not be perfect when it comes to balance but it felt good and nothing like the previous models. I just might end up with one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top