Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2005 9:13:12 PM EDT
I know www.wiztechs.com/knightsrealm/guns/22-45/22-45.htm
has a great how too. but i thought some more pictures would help.

just some pictures that might help you make one.

all you need is
soda can
sharpie
tape measure
scissors
knife
black paint

bend the front of the shield down so it will not catch the barrel when sliding it back on the frame.

make sure the mag does not catch the shield when putting it in.

i hope this helps

Link Posted: 6/14/2005 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why you are installing this.
I have been shoting my 22/45 for 4+ years and have not had any problems.
Did I get lucky ... is this a common problem.

reason aside. I think yor solution is a good one. cheap, easy to make, easy to install, not really visible. good fix.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
naaa, i was just bored.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't look like a very good install if it sticks through the trigger guard.

If it was done correctly -- and this is hardly a novel idea mind you, just take a look around the internet -- the shield would be totally inside the grip frame and out of sight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have close to 1000 rounds of cheap Remington ammo through a used gun I picked up this year, a stainless/polymer 22/45.  I noticed no change in trigger pull, and  paid no special attention to cleaning the trigger area.  

With a minimum of cleaning effort, this blast shield is a solution to a problem that does not exist, unless you drop gravel in your gun while you are shooting it.  

Did you find some special ammo loaded with dog crap or something?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent. Much better bored idea than sitting at the compoter. You could probably form that piece  to the shape of the trigger gaurd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top