Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Your have the adj rear sight?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Now I know what I'm asking for when my birthday comes around.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet! That is #2 then!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
How smooth is yours in DA? Mine scared the piss out of me this morning at the range. It is going to take a little bit of time to get used to the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't shoot mine yet.  The action was dry and a bit gritty.  I lubed it up and am playing with it like a special ed student on a merry go round.  No ammo in the room of course.  I have a number of well worn Smiths and they are much more touchy than this Ruger. One of them dangerously so.   The more I cycle the action the smoother it's getting.  There isn't much creep in the trigger single action if any.  I am going to have to dehorn the hammer a touch because the checkering is sharp.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine came straight from Ruger. It was a replacement for another gun. They told me that they were going to go through this to make sure everything was perfect. It was absolutely perfect. You could not even tell it was test fired. They must have really cleaned it up. Your right about the single action. It break clean with no creep. Heck, it was even sighted in. I did not even have to adjust the sights.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I went out after a nightshift this morning and tried it out.  I also took my m14 S&W.  Double action was not quit as good as the well broken in Smith but I expected that. Still was very good.  Target was a T with a 9"x13" steel plate on one side and a 6" circle on the other.  25yds.  Now, I could have helped myself by bringing just one flavor of ammo but I had three different handloads.  I'm glad that I left the 357s at home and only had the one cylinder full those.  The grips have the recoil hitting me in the base of my thumb which I have run into before with other things that aren't supposed to kick much, my M1917 S&W comes to mind.  And I hate that. It shot well.  I wasn't shooting that well however, the whole nightshifts thing.  I hate to try thinning on the tops of those grips. The rest of their profile is great and they look real good.  It's just the top portion.  It needs papered with a good load and not the slightly position sensitive 38s that I had many of.    
Hope you enjoy yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top