Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2011 1:54:37 PM EDT
38 spec loads will be a breeze.
How many rounds of Magnum loads do you shoot @ the range until you say uncle?

Saw a NIB snub model DA (5 rds.) at my dealer for $489 with the beautiful satin finish...
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
.38s all day and night.

.357s  50 or 60.  it recoils sharply.  but that was three years ago.  Miss that gun.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Can the frame stand up to a large diet of Magnum loads?
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
that frame will eat whatever you throw at it ..

recoil isnt bad at all to me .. need to try with my new badger boot grips .. ive shot 158g .38s and a bunch of different .357s .. all manageable..

thats a good price to me, or at least better than most .. theres plenty of info for a DIY trigger job .. i did that, a wolf spring swap, and some other mild mods ..  its a great gun to personalize and get to your specs

heres a bad pic

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
that frame will eat whatever you throw at it ..

recoil isnt bad at all to me .. need to try with my new badger boot grips .. ive shot 158g .38s and a bunch of different .357s .. all manageable..

thats a good price to me, or at least better than most .. theres plenty of info for a DIY trigger job .. i did that, a wolf spring swap, and some other mild mods ..  its a great gun to personalize and get to your specs

heres a bad pic

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/touchdowntodd/SP101badgers.jpg

That is stunning!

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed the magnum and special rounds to be a little easier to handle with the Badger grips. The only difference is the grip angle changes and it would be up to the end user if they would like them or not, but I certainly do. I also have a Gemini Gold bead front sight on it as well.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Eagle Grips / Secret Service checkered

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
This type of porting job makes shooting .357 out of an SP101 very pleasant.

The gun doesn't flip up at all but you feel more of a "thump" against your chest.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#8]
who ported that for you
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
who ported that for you

I recently found out I have a Sp101 that was worked over by Weigand Combat years ago when they did pistol work.

Check out this thread I made with others helping me figure it all out.

Link to thread
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
who ported that for you

I recently found out I have a Sp101 that was worked over by Weigand Combat years ago when they did pistol work.

Check out this thread I made with others helping me figure it all out.

Link to thread

I had a Weigand revolver from 1990ish until 1995.  I wish I had it back.  Everything was pleasant to shoot out of it, and a smooth 6lb DA pull was a joy, with no misfires.  Even with tough CCI primers, and the hammer was bobbed.  The Black Talon 180gr bullets were great, and expanded well, even out of a 2.25 inch barrel (didn't expect that).  I carried
Fed 125gr JHPs then.  The porting was called Hybra-porting.  Gemini Customs still does this if you send your gun.  It cost me $300 back then for the package on my gun.  Good deal by today's standard.  I wonder if they would do a SW 60 Pro?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#11]
not to start an argument, but there are plenty of valid reasons to not port a carry gun if thats your intended use
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top