Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2011 5:11:42 PM EDT
I am now the proud owner of an LCP after carrying an XD-9 SC for quite some time.  Local gun shop offered me a good price.

I am very excited to put some rounds through it soon and pick up a small holster.

What are you recommendations?  Pics appreciated.

I didn't like how the XD pulled my pants down a little, and if I tightened the belt it got very uncomfortable.
Shown here

I am right handed.  That pic is obviously in a mirror.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a nemesis.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I use a nemesis.

I saw those at the shop I bought the gun.  Is that just a pocket holster with no clips of any sort?

I want to get a pocket holster as well as an IWB holster.

I have Crossbreed Supertucks for my P229 and XD but don't feel like dropping $60+ on another.

The Nemesis was about $30.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it's a pocket holster. You want to carry an LCP IWB?
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is that unheard of?  I like use of my pockets :)  Phone in the right, money clip in the left.

Something like this.
Crossbreed MicroClip

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd think it would be tough to draw such a small gun. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm using a Nemesis, as well. I tried out a leather pocket holster first, but it was nearly impossible to get the gun out without the holster coming out, too. The Nemesis is a lot easier to draw from and more comfortable.

It seems a little pointless to carry such a small gun IWB. If you are going through the trouble of putting a holster on you might as well carry something that has other attributes than "really really tiny."
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
"When" I carry my P32 it usually rides in a crossbreed "QwickClip"  

Like a Super/mini tuck but with one offset clip instead of two.  

As far as your XD pulling your pants down I feel your pain.   I sold my XD .45 compact because of it.

Right now I carry a Kimber Ultra Aegis II in a crossbreed and even though it's still pretty heavy (24oz unloaded) it's thinner & I presume that helps with not pulling my pants down.

ETA: I bring up the P32 because of the similarities in dimensions to the LCP
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd think it would be tough to draw such a small gun. I could be wrong.

I thought about that but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Quoted:
I'm using a Nemesis, as well. I tried out a leather pocket holster first, but it was nearly impossible to get the gun out without the holster coming out, too. The Nemesis is a lot easier to draw from and more comfortable.

It seems a little pointless to carry such a small gun IWB. If you are going through the trouble of putting a holster on you might as well carry something that has other attributes than "really really tiny."

Looks like I'll try a Nemesis for starters.  I'll be cheap and see what I can find online instead of dropping $30 for one at the gun shop.

Quoted:
"When" I carry my P32 it usually rides in a crossbreed "QwickClip"  

Like a Super/mini tuck but with one offset clip instead of two.  

As far as your XD pulling your pants down I feel your pain.   I sold my XD .45 compact because of it.

Right now I carry a Kimber Ultra Aegis II in a crossbreed and even though it's still pretty heavy (24oz unloaded) it's thinner & I presume that helps with not pulling my pants down.

ETA: I bring up the P32 because of the similarities in dimensions to the LCP

I'll probably just end up getting another Crossbreed unless I can find something similar for cheaper.  I could see the thinner aspect helping the pants problem.  Still, can't beat 9oz with the LCP :)
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered a Nemesis.  $21 and it's coming from Jacksonville.  About a 5hr drive so it should be here in a couple days :)
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Good choice.  I also use the nemisis pocket hoslter.  You can still use your pockets (with dress pants).  Phone in the left pocket, keys and LCP in the right pocket.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good choice.  I also use the nemisis pocket hoslter.  You can still use your pockets (with dress pants).  Phone in the left pocket, keys and LCP in the right pocket.

Good to know.  It shipped today.  I'm excited.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I use a nemesis.

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use a nemesis.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I use the "Blackhawk" pocket holster.  Works fine for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use a nemesis.

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that unheard of?  I like use of my pockets :)  Phone in the right, money clip in the left.

Something like this.
Crossbreed MicroClip

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/real-world-carry-gear-crossbreed.jpg

I've heard a lot of people like the Super Tuck holster, but for me it seems like a lot of holster for such a small gun. I use a holster like a Hume H715, simple leather holster that adds very little to the overall package.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my Nemesis today and I am a fan.  Very convenient.  It's supposed to slip out of the holster very easily I assume?  There is zero resistance pulling it out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got my Nemesis today and I am a fan.  Very convenient.  It's supposed to slip out of the holster very easily I assume?  There is zero resistance pulling it out.

Yeah.  It's supposed to do that so you don't pull the LCP out of your pocket with the holster still on it, should you ever need to use it.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#19]
DeSantis Superfly.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I was looking at the remora which is highly recommended and came across the sticky holster. LGS had it for same price as I could find online. It works, I wore it with basketball shorts yesterday. I like it so far in the two days of use its seen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Dead Eye Luke makes some pretty good kydex holsters here in FL.
I have his pocket holster for my LCP.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/952/imagekdr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I also use a Blackhawk pocket holster sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I use a nemesis.

Me too.  Tried a clip for a while, but after it came off my belt and slid down my pants leg, I decided it was time for something more secure.

You'll love pocket carry with this gun.  Shorts, jeans, whatever, you'll never have to worry about wearing a shirt long enough to cover it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Just picked up my LCP tonight and a Nemesis holster. So freakin' small and light. Dropped in the gym shorts I typically wear around the house and it's like it's not even there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I use a crossbreed and love it for the lcp, but I personally don't like pocket carry so iwb was the natural choice for me
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Dredging up an older thread...any recommendations on an OWB holster for the LCP?  Open carry only for me right now, and I want to carry something that isn't going to be too obvious.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]
What do you guys do when you drive a car with the pocket holster? Do you take it out or leave it in the pocket? In the pocket would be a little hard to draw from a seated position.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Galco
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I have this for the few times that I need to carry IWB (i.e., biking) or just don't feel like strapping on my Glock 26:

DeSantis ProStealth. Yeah, I know –– it's not an LCP, but I've since sold that pistol and use this holster to carry my LCP. 13 rounds and no need for a pocket.

When I go biking, I wear bike shorts under regular gym shorts –– I wear this setup in between the two shorts and make sure the top of my bike  shorts is higher than the top of the pistol and mag to help keep the sweat off the pistol/mag, as well as the pistol/mag from digging into my side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top