Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 8:21:35 AM EDT
I've heard some say that Ruger semi-autos are some of the best bang for the buck.

I'm looking at adding another .45 ACP handgun to the safe.  Does anybody here have experience with Rugers in that caliber?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Ruger P-90. The  gun is very top heavy/ bulky slide.  Trigger could use some help, kind of creepy. Other than that it is a Very good weapon.  Shoots good groups and is very reliable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the new p345pr 45 cal.  a lot thinner and really nice trigger. shoots good.

love it.

steve
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
h
When it was first tested by some of the gun rags, many said the trigger pull was to light for self defense, but I disagree with them since most good 1911's have the same or less trigger pull.

I have put many rounds down range and have had not issues with it at all. It is capable of consistently grouping under 2" at 25 yards. I do carry factory loads but also handload 3 different bullet designs for practice, and so far it has never failed to digest anything put through it.

I do think I want the new P345 also, have not had a chance to try one of them yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Have owned a P90 for a few years now.  Yes, its big aand bulky.  But it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger, something 1911's seem to have trouble with. Trigger is acceptable for a service grade firearm, the double action is actually quite nice.  Reliablility has been 100% save for one bad reload.  Accuracy is on par with any other service grade pistol.  Yes, the Wilson/Les Baer/Caspian will be more accurate.  And for the money they get for them they d$%^ well better be.

For the money its hard to beat.  No complaints whatsoever.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have the new p345pr 45 cal.  a lot thinner and really nice trigger. shoots good.

love it.

steve

I am glad to read this!  I handled one for the first time in a local shop a few weeks ago and was VERY impressed with it.  Hmmmmm...  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
hardshell, I am going out to shoot the 345 again this weekend. big gunshow and lots of ammo to buy. Just wish I can find a holster for it.

stevehippie.gif
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a P97DC.  Not too bad, but I traded it for a Sig P220 and that was that.  

Bill Ruger came right out and said no one had any business with a gun that held more than 10 rounds.  Sorry, won't buy any more guns from them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger makes a good pistol... but I have a story about Ruger. Last year at the Shot Show, I had a short list of things to get away from the booth and take care of, one was to go talk to Ruger about the new pistol line (which is out now) -- I walked over to the Ruger display and there was a guy standing next to the auto pistols on the wall, I asked him 2 simple questions about the pistols and his only answer was "Don't know..." I asked him (nicely) if he was not connected with the pistol line from Ruger, could he direct me to someone that was? He was nice enough to tell me that in fact he had nothing to do with the "plastic guns" and that they were the product of the Prescott Plant... when asked again if someone there could help me, he (giving a weak glance off in the distance) told me "I don't see anyone" then said nothing as he just walked away and sat down.

Now, he was a Ruger emplyee (or ripped off the shirt and name tag), but I decided that I would be as excited about Ruger as those who are Ruger... walking back to the booth, I say someone I know at the Sprigfield booth and stopped to say hi -- today I have an XD and never regret the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Just bought a P97DC and am very impressed with how comfortable it is to shoot and how well made it is.  I still hate double action autos but this one could very easily become a carry gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top