Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:36:35 PM EDT
or use another finish to keep free from rust? im considering this after some stories i've heard and pics i've seen. im good abut cleaning but i dont want ti to be a problem.

Is it safe to cold blue the inside of a bore and the outside?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think Cold-Blue would offer enough protection.  I'd look into something a bit more extreme, like cerakote or melonite or IonBond.  You could parker it too...i guess.

The thing about "rust" on a Kimber is the barrel is "in the white" or doesn't have a finish on it.  A little oil and steel wool on the outside of the barrel will keep it good, and some SS polish will really keep it shiney and new.  You could also apply some grease to the outside of the barrel to protect it.  

As far as the bore goes, I wouldn't worry about it, just keep it clean and oiled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top