Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 1:35:17 AM EDT
Somewhat of a newbie here, but I bought a used one from a local gun shop. Upon disassembly, I noticed there is some wear which is probably normal but I have no idea how many rounds have been through it. I put 100 through it with no problems. Reading these threads, I have ordered new Wolff springs. Wilson Combat has 'bullet proof" extractors, ejectors,slide stops, etc. Just to be safe, should I replace the stock parts with these? And also, this is gonna be a dumb question, but if I do will I have to go through the infamous break-in period again?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the new gun!    Aside from replacing the recoil springs every 1000 rounds or so, I'd leave well enough alone as far as replacing parts that are working just fine. What brand are the magazines that came with the gun? If they are Kimber mags you could replace them with, yep, you guessed it, Wilson Combat mags. They are much more reliable than those damn Kimber mags, but if you haven't had any troubles in the first 100 rounds you are probably OK there as well.

Where did you notice the wear? Is it on the frame just around where the feedramp on the barrel sits? That's a normal spot for wear on the Ultras.

Also, did you buy the 18lb recoil springs from Wolff? If you go heavier (like 20lb) you may have trouble cycling normal ammo like WWB, Blazer, etc.

If you just bought the springs and not the entire recoil assembly, here is a thread which may help you when changing them out. Scroll down to the 4th or 5th post with the pics and description of steps. http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=24111.0

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that spring website...awesome! The only place I saw any wear was on the top of the extractor, just normal stuff. I'll take your advice and leave well enough alone, except for the spring. Thanks again!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Besides replacing the recoil spring Assy. I would just save my money for Ammo. and just shoot and enjoy it as it is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
congrats on the gun,iv'e got a crisom trace ultraII and i love it 500 rounds down the pipe no problems .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top