Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 8:44:03 AM EDT
Does anybody stock them or do you have to buy them from Simonich themselves? I realize that with Robs tragic accident they are probably running behind on orders.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the only place to buy them new is through the website...I sent an e-mail a week after his death but haven't received a reply...
I am sure the family needs time to grieve so I can wait.
Bill
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am sure the family needs time to grieve so I can wait.
Bill

I agree entirely.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I read, somewhere, and for the life of me cant remember where, that everything with his grip business is on hold. I dont remember all the details, and could be completely mistaken.

I have a set, and I REALLY like them, but, they feel just a tad too thin for my hands. A friend snet me these, and they are an older set I think. I was wanting to check out a more recent/newer set and see if they were as thin, or thicker.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I got an email reply from Simonich after Robs death. It was from his wife. Mrs. Simonich said the company would be back to normal after everything settles down. I respect that, I was just interested if anybody else carried them. Hawkeye, what color are yours? Are they flat bottomed or tapered? I'm asking becuase I don't really know what I want yet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats good to hear.
Here is the set I have. The bottom edge has a slight bevel to it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess they would be tapered bottom model. Need someone "take them off your hands"?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Hawkeye,

You didnt tell me you ordered those
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Rob had informed me there was a good amount of stock right before the fateful hunting trip. My order was not processed before the tragic accident, but his wife told me she fully intends to keep the business going. She will start taking orders again in time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I just checked the website and it says Christine Simonich is taking new orders.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hawkeye,

Thats because I didnt order them. Good friend in TX wasnt using them and sent them to me.

I will probably send them back to him, as he said if I wasnt going to use them he wanted them back, and they just feel a tad to thin for my hands. I really like the rubber grips on my TLE/RL for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just checked the website and it says Christine Simonich is taking new orders.

Thats very good to hear.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hawkeye,

Thats because I didnt order them. Good friend in TX wasnt using them and sent them to me.

Thats the kind of friends to have!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top