Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 12:48:42 PM EDT
Thinking about getting a Kimber Custom II from the local gunshop. Is $650 a bad price? Also anyone have any comments on this gun, good or bad?

Thanks,
Jamie
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a pretty good price.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats what i paid on a sunday because every other shop was closed.  I have seen them for $600 at other bigger shops.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats what i paid on a sunday because every other shop was closed.  I have seen them for $600 at other bigger shops.

Unfortunately, there aren't any big shops near me, that I'm aware of

So, do you like the gun? Would you recommend it?

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid a little more than that for a Stainless II here in NJ (to be expected).. Best gun I own.  Tight, accurate, reliable.  It stovepiped twice on it's first box of ammo, and never burped since (5000+).  I feed it with Chip McCormick Shooting Star 8 round mags, primarily Wally World valuepacks.  's a good pistol, get the bugger :)
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I give it an enthusiastic two thumbs and two toes and two loaded mags up! Its a good gun.  Get some Wilson Combat 47Ds (mags) and some good ammo, and prepare to have some fun.  I believe they are the best value in a 1911, hands down.  Sure, there are some lemons, but then again, so do most other manufacturers.  My old Custom II (sold to a buddy) has been flawless, and my new Pro Carry II is the same way (although the sights are kinda off).  Good luck.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Custom Target II blued.  Runs great. About 800-900 rds through it factory hardball and similar handloads. No probs after I got the load dialed in. I'm looking forward to another one in the future.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Around here, you would expect to pay around $650 for one of the basic models with fixed sight, and around $850 for a decent stainless one with some goodies.  I caught a local dealer while he was having a cash flow crunch and snagged a brand new stainless 10mm for $800, but I would not expect to get that lucky again any time soon.

You can check the various auction sites to see what lower middle pricing looks like.  Most of the time that is Kimber Master Dealers listing the stuff at dealer price.  Master dealers are not quite distributors, but close to it.  Only about one in five gun shops that carry the product line are actually master dealers and everyone else has a higher "wholesale" price matrix.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top