Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 8:27:21 AM EDT
I'm am trying to decide folks and it isnt easy. I am leaning towards the Ultra since the primary use will be CCW but is it big enough to not sting like hell when you shoot it?

What are your thoughts and experiences?

I am going 'tactical' black for mine.

Are there any hicaps for the Ultra? If so what is the max?

This will be my first .45, I'm so proud!

I went with the Pro Carry Stainless Series 1!!

She's a beaut and I got a pretty good deal on it NIB.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The Ultra will shoot fine. It just comes down to preference. If you are going to only have the one, I'd say go for the larger Pro carry. Either is a good choice though. When you say high caps, are you refering to the Pro Ultra or the standard Ultra?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry the Ultra Carry II...It's not hard to handle at all.  I put some VZGrips on it and I use Tripp Mags.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I am leaning towards the Pro Carry 2 Stainless, what kind of hicaps are there for it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]
8 round Wilson Combats, if you want flush fit, or 10 round Wilson Combats, if you want the mag to stick out a wee bit.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I would opt for the Pro Carry since this is your first .45, get used to it and then move on. Even though both are nice guns I would hate for you to get a bad taste of some of the characteristics of the smaller /lighter gun. You'll enjoy the Pro Carry more at the range as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
if i am u, i'll save money for the maytag.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
actually, u can buy 2 maytag for a price of a kimber.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
True, true, but you can't bust a cap in a perp with a Maytag, or even with two Maytags.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]
i have heard many negative things about kimbers.  however, there is no way of verifying these negative reports.  it has always been "i know a guy with kimber full of problem" or " i had kimber and it is nothing but problem"

i honestly don't believe any of that statement.  it is hard to think kimber makes faulty product.

i like a kimber ultra carry for ccw.  however, i like the look and feel of a kimber custom 2 a lot better for a show gun.  i like my carry gun to be a revolver.  you should check out "romeo must die."  in the end of the movie, the black guy burst out 2 .44 magnum chrome revolvers and burst cap.  that is what i like to see.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
if you're arnold, you can crush that asshole with a maytag.

i am a big maytag fan.

i like guns and i like guns a lot.  i think guns are the greatest use of metal.  no offend to anyone tool or device, but you guys are no match for a gun.  lol.  however, i think guns are so expensive.  it is nut to think that a plastic glock cost more than a maytag.  polymer doesn't cost a lot to mold.  this is why i don't buy a lot of guns.  i have 10 and i only buy one gun every 2 months.  i lean toward revolver and rifle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Uh, dude, do you actually have anything informative to add?  Hmm?  Well, I have had a Kimber Custom II, and now own a Pro Carry II, and I can tell you that both of these guns are flawless.  Every round I shoot goes downrange exactly where I want.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I realize that I'm no match for a person with a gun (unless you are talking about just the inanimate object by itself, which I am more than a match for), that's why I practice religiously so that I can even the odds.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice Choice. Don't forget the obligitory RANGE REPORT !!!!

asianthug47,

Don't do drugs man it's bad for you    

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
oops.  i wasn't in the wrong place.

i like kimber.. u got a pix for that thing.  when u want to move up to a les baer, im me and i'll buy that kimber from u.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
oops.  i wasn't in the wrong place.

i like kimber.. u got a pix for that thing.  when u want to move up to a les baer, im me and i'll buy that kimber from u.

I thought you said an AK47 is the way to go.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#16]
it is a way to go, but i doubt that it will look good with my nike and starter jacket when I AM AT THE MALL.  haha.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i have heard many negative things about kimbers.  [snip]i honestly don't believe any of that statement.  it is hard to think kimber makes faulty product.

The Kimber my sweetie and I have had a trigger problem.  Occasionally, the trigger just flat wouldn't work and other times you needed a ridiculous amount of pressure to get the trigger to work.  (By that I mean far in excess of any of my S&W revolvers in DA or my Beretta 92FS in DA).

Took it back to where we bought and they sent it to a gunsmith.  He fixed the problem for free and now it shoots like a dream.  As to what he did, I dunno.  'smith said some hole in the grip safety was not drilled to correct dimension.  All I know is our Pro Carry II shoots great now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
production guns sometime have problem.  but it is not neccessary.  as much as they charge, they should make it right the first time, everytime.  a cop can't afford one fuckup.

i am glad your kimber kicks well.  i like kimber.  i like the name and the way it feel.  i think it is a ghetto version of les baer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]
twerp!!!!(at47)

I've had a kimber since they came out, well in my town anyway, great gun.
Mine will, every once in a while fail to return to battery, probably an extractor problem, but with 5000 rounds down range I'll wait and fix it myself.
P.S.  is that the alloy or the steel gun
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#20]
According to the Kimber website, the Pro Carry is Aluminum other than the Pro Carry HD which is SS.

Congrats on the new Kimber.

Jamie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top