Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 3:57:10 PM EDT
Well, I finally took the plunge. I am not sure quite what took me so long. I have been shooting .45 since I turned 21 and bought a Glock 30, then a 21, then another 21, then another 30, then a Marlin Camp 45, then a Gemtech sos-45 suppressor.... but I digress.

I finally took the plunge and bought my first 1911. Followed two days later by another 1911.

I first ordered a Kimber TLE II. It had exactly what I wanted, nothing I didn't want. The only thing I'll add is an abmi safety since I am a lefty. I followed that up two days later with a Kimber Classic Custom II. I am weird... I like having two of everything.

I can't wait to go shooting. I shot an abused, range rental Kimber Custom last week with crappy reloads and still manged to get 3-4" groups at 15 yards offhand. I usually only pull that off with my G21 on a good day. That made up my mind for me right there.

Happy to finally be joining the club.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the other adiction...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome!

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
1911's, you either love em or hate em............Smart people love them
congrats on you new toys.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]

I am weird... I like having two of everything.

Nothing wrong with that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top