Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2003 4:10:17 PM EDT
I need some advice.  I have a almost new TLE that is having an occasional feed problem each time I go to the range.  Granted I have only fired 200 rnds through it total but at least 3 times each trip the weapon fails to feed.  I have tried Lawman ball as well as Winchester USA.  Also on one occasion it failed to feed a Gold Dot when chambering the first round.  Is there something that can be done?  Are the springs tight?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What mags?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a buddy that just got a TLE, no probs, but he is using Wilson Mags.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I only use wilson 8 rnd mags.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the link.  had i seen this before i bought it i would have saved my money.  now that i have it i have ot live with it.  i don't want to take the loss in resale.  i plan to contact kimber to see what they recomend.  any more help or advice would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Im a firm believer in making the manufacturer make it right.

Kimber is a good company, I think if you contact them they'll get your gun working like it should.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Nate, by all means contact Kimber.
I am looking at picking up a TLE myself in the extremely near future.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
john
I won't be at FDCC again this month because I have tickets to the Jags game that day, but I will have it next month.  remind me and I will let you give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
john
I won't be at FDCC again this month because I have tickets to the Jags game that day, but I will have it next month.  remind me and I will let you give it a try.

Thanks. Will take you up on it....if I dont already have one by then!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Nate,
Too late. Went looking again and just couldnt resist what I found and the deal I was offered. Picked up a new TLE/RL and a TLE.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
you got both!  Nice.  let me know if you have feed problems.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Have may hundreds of rounds through my TLE. Had a few ftf's in the first hundred rounds, all with the mag's that came with it. Have many Wilson and Chip McCormick mags now and all work well, prefer the Chip McCormick's though as they seem to have better springs. Hope you get your problems straightened out, it is a very good pistol.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
i have a theory about what is causing my problems.  I hope to test it this weekend.  I will update the board afterwards.  thanks for the vote of confidence.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#14]
As an update for everyone I am almost positive that I have found the problem with my TLE.  I have came to the conclusion that I was using a faulty Wilson Combat mag.  I have tried other Wilson mags, which operated flawlessly.  It has taken me this long to figure out the problem because of lack of funds.  Lesson lerned:  Always Always Always test your equipment prior to betting your life on it.  The equipment can be repalced, your life can't.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad to hear you got the problem worked out. I can't wait to get my hands on my TLE w/rails. It looks like I'll be getting it through the group buy. I used to consider myself a SIG man. But, after reading Lumpy196's posts - I think he converted me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm glad to hear you got the problem worked out. I can't wait to get my hands on my TLE w/rails. It looks like I'll be getting it through the group buy. I used to consider myself a SIG man. But, after reading Lumpy196's posts - I think he converted me.

I LOVE mine. It is going to get a good workout this weekend. We'll see how it does when a bit dirty and used under stress/timer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Hawkeye, I saw a picture of yours. Very nice, I can't wait to get my hands on my own.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys don't stop it and your gonna make me buy another gun
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys don't stop it and your gonna make me buy another gun

Get one!  I have handled many different .45's, most of them 1911's.  This is the best one I have ever shot.  Just make sure you use good mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top