Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 6:02:01 PM EDT
I got my new Custom TLE II yesterday.  I have not yet been able to break it in.  I leave for vacation tomorrow so it will have to wait.  Currently I carry a Colt 1991 Government.  I hope this will be a set up.  I have never owned or fired a Kimber prior.  What opinions do any of you have on this new firearm and my switch of carry guns?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Several months ago I bought the same gun  and I had been using the Colt 1991  for 10 years prior.  I think the TLE II is a great gun. The kimber is very tight at first but after shooting about 200-300 rds it becomes a lot smoother to take down and remains a very precise fit gun. You should enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a tle and a custom cdp II,,, kimbers are awesome 45's, I have had nothing but great experiences with them,,, like we say in the marines,,, GOOD TO GO!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations, please post pics!

Myth or Fact?

I've heard Kimbers have a hard time with JHP bullets, but love FMJ.  

I've read too many reviews to think otherwise.  I'm saving for my TLE, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#4]
None of my Kimbers have had any problems with any type of ammo. I have fired thousands of both FMJ and JHP rounds without a hitch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Also have a TLE and a Custom CDP II, both are great guns and I haven't had a problem with any bullet yet that I have stuffed into them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also have a TLE and a Custom CDP II, both are great guns and I haven't had a problem with any bullet yet that I have stuffed into them.

Likewise.....except for some 3-D lead ball ammo.  It just wouldn't feed. Everything else will.

I've never had a problem with the JHP.  I've only shot Federal Hydrashock and Speer Gold dot.  Both shoot right on.

b
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the great information.  I have only been able to put 100 rounds down range so far, but since that first trip to the range it has become my carry gun.  If any of you have any other important or useful information on ths great gun please let me know.  I will keep all of you up to date as to the progress of breaking it in completely.  Sory I have no pics of the gun to post, but it is bone stock.  Kimber did enough to it at the factory that I don't need to.  One question I do have, does any one know what the finish is on the TLE?  It doesn't look like a standard blue finish to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top