Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2008 8:42:52 AM EDT
I'm a Kimber fanatic, I don't deny it. So when I took a look through Cabela's after Christmas flyer and spotted a Kimber Custom Carry II that is available exclusively through them, I just had to have it. Unfortunately, my local Cabela's sold out of their first batch of these Kimbers the first day they were available. I was told that they would be getting more in sometime, but they didn't know exactly when. So, after a week and a half of calling two to three times a day, I called last night to find out they they had just gotten a few more in stock that afternoon. Price was $789 plus tax, but I traded my Kimber Ultra Carry II and a S&W 669 towards it, which knocked $600 off the price. So, I walked out the door with the Kimber for $240. I regret having to trade in one Kimber for another, but I just purchased a Kimber Classic Model Custom, that is Clackamas stamped, a few days ago, so my gun funds were low and I knew that Cabela's would sell out of the Custom Carry II's the next day, so what the heck. I can always buy another Ultra Carry II in the future if I want one.

Here is the specs on my new Kimber:
-Compact frame, 4 inch barrel
-Stainless frame, carbon steel slide
-Only 250 produced, available exclusively through Cabela's
-Unique grips and slide serrations

Overall the weapon is fitted very well, there is no rattle at all when I shake it. Frame to slide fit is excellent. All in all its everything I expect from a Kimber. Eventually I'll send it back to Kimber for some night sights and front strap checkering but these are things I can live without for now. Gonna put a couple hundred rounds through it Wednesday, and get it added to my CCW on Saturday. If it runs this will be my new carry weapon.

Link Posted: 1/11/2008 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]

looks great!

let us know how it shoots
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks really nice.

(note to self, stay away from Cabellas until they are sold out)
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]
sweet! congrats
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
How can I get one of these?
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]

very nice!
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
You will not be disappointed.  This size of pistol carrys well and the balance is nice.    

CSP
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice pc...I have a Kimber TLE II/LR and love it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#8]
$600 for an Ultra Carry and a S&W auto? Wow, hope they used lubricant on you. Your new gun is very nice, but I hope you didn't lose all that cash on the trade just for the exclusivity factor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top