Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 12:36:47 PM EDT
who has best prices on 8rd Chip McCormick blue carbon steel mags.  Is this good choice for my TLE??  I have one CMC 8 rd  and it is shooting star brand,  so far it has performed with no missfeeds  but not alot of rounds thru pistol yet. any advise comments would be helpful.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has the McCormick mags.  I get them wholesale.  You will have to judge on their retail prices.  There are about three types.  There is one with a removeable base like a Wilson, there is one that is polished inside with 8 holes to see your round count, and then there are the standard stainless and blued.  

I have 8 of the standard ones.  They function flawlessly in Colts Commander and 1991A1, Kimbers, and Springfield Armorys.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a sale in Sportsmans Guide catalog recently for the CMC Shooting Star and Power mags.  I don't remember the price but there were cheaper than I got them for at a gunshow.

I have 6 Stooting Star mags from 1990 or 91 and I'm very happy with them.  I accidently  left 4 of them loaded with 8 rounds for over 5 years and they all fired without any problem.  I did replace the springs on all of them about 2 years ago.  I recently purchased 6 more along with 6 Power Mags.  These too all work perfectly in my Colt, SA and Kimber 1911 pistols.   My latest purchase was a Kimnber TLE and it works great with SS and Power Mags.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never had any problems with my Chip McCormick mags. However, you can really tell the difference when you set it next to some of my Wilson mags. You can also take the Wilson's apart and clean them. If you are going to use these mags for CCW or a personal defense application I'd get at least 3 Wilson's. The TLE is a nice pistol why cut corners on mags?

Tom  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top