Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 1:32:14 PM EDT
Looking at Kimber compact models, but wanted to know some differences between these comparably sized models.

Pro Carry II
CDP II Pro
Tactical Pro II

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Pro Carry:
Basic configuration from Kimber. Standar sights, extended safety lever that can be found on all Kimber, rubber grip.

CDP II:
Rounded edge for less possibility of snag when pull from holster, standard with grip front strap checkering (30 or 40 lines per inch?), night sights, extended ambi safety, Cool (or not) two tone finish, Match grade barrel and trigger, rosewood grip

Tactical Pro II:
Basically the same with Pro Carry, except expended magazine well and three dot (not night sight ) fix sights, laminated wood grip.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Pro carry is steel framed. CDP & Tactical have LW alloy frames.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hi Big Sapper:

Standard Pro Carry is still alloy frame. Pro Carry HD is steel frame.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the assistance.

I'm very tempted...

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi Big Sapper:

Standard Pro Carry is still alloy frame. Pro Carry HD is steel frame.

Eek! Thanks for the backup. I didn't realize that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the Pro CDP-II!  It is the most elegant 1911 made, balances perfectly, slick as greased goose shit.  I LOVE mine (that is, when the wife's not looking).  Also as an added bonus it is very accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top