Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2003 7:09:30 PM EDT
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II, and it has problems feeding USGI Ball, Sellier... FMJ, and Win Silvertip Hollowpoints.  I looked at my Custom II and an Eclipse and noticed that the feed ramp was a ground to a different profile.  I guess it might be a magazine problem, but I suspect the ramp....  Anyone else have this problem- or have a solution?
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I had 2 problems with my compact kimber, the factory mags (1 of 2 was bad), and the extractor. I already had Wilson mags for my Officer's ACP. These work great. I also replaced the extractor with a Wilson Bullet Proof part. Works good now. Maybe some fine polishing of your feedramp?

First thing, try a Wilson mag.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll try the Wilson Mags.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Just purchased an Ultra Carry myself... an older model Ultra Carry I??) Go to [url www.1911forum.com] 1911forum /url]. There is a lot of info on Kimbers and other 45s there. I am looking for sites related to Kimbers etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
So far (fingers crossed) I've had no problems with the feed, magazines, or extractor. Have been using el cheapo's (CCI Blazer .45 ACP FMJ @ $9.95 per 50 boxes)) to shoot at the range. No jams, misfires, or feeding problems with the Ultra Carry II, so far.
Mike
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a problem with my compact CDP.  I first switched to Wilson mags and the feeding was substanially better.  I then sent it back to Kimber and they polished the ramp.  Now no feeding problems.  If you don't trust it...send it back and have Kimber work on it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
my ultra carry feeds everthing,evertime.if i were you before i started grinding or sending it back,try a different mag.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The cheapie CCI Blazer .45 ACP, 230 grain FMJ ammo feeds fine, since I don't reload. But...I have a question....Has anyone had any success using the Wilson Combat, Wilson-Rogers 7 rd., Officers Model/Springfield Combat, magazines in the Ultra Carry II? I know the magazine works fine in the series I, but the series II slide locks open. It can be closed by putting pressure on the slide and releasing the pin, but it will NOT release with the pin alone, and it locks OPEN when loaded and fired intially. This is the 7 round mag. The extended 10 rd. mag will release, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. The inexpensive Meggar Colt magazines and the Kimbers work fine. We tried 8 different wilson magazines and all had the same problem.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an early coustom clasic that's not 100%. I've come to the conclusion that it is the extractor. In my state ccw is a no no so I live with it.
P.S. it functions 96% and other than the ocasional failure to go into battery I've no complaints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top