Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 2:23:40 PM EDT
I just picked up a brand new Eclipse Pro II.

My first 1911 and wondered if there are any good photo shots of disassembly / reassembly.

I am new to the 1911 model, and know the Pro is different on dissassembly than a standard 1911.  

I found the manual to be difficult to go by.  

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  I'll get some pictures up.

Also, the salesman told me that Chip McCormick makes the Mags for Kimber.  Does anyone know if this is true?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like lots of reads with no reply's so I'll post a follow up.

I re-read the instructions a few times and basically pulled my head out of my ass and figured out the disassembly / reassembly process for the Pro.

I did it several times and all is good.  I gave her a good cleaning and lub following the book and took it to the range for her break in.

I only got 100 rounds through her, but EVERYTHING was flawless.  No Fail to Feed, No Fail to Fire and no Fail to Eject.  In fact, the very first round went right through the X on the center of the silouette at 25 feet.  Lucky I know, but I still felt it was a good omen.

I cleaned her up and will go back later this weekend or early next week to continue the break in.  

Picts will be up this weekend after I things settle down at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top