Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 5:53:00 AM EDT
I am considering to purchase a Kimber ultra carry for my CCW weapon. Are there any negatives about the ultra carry that I should be aware of?  Those that own a  ultra carry, are you happy with your purchase? where can I purchase a Kimber ultra carry at the best price? ....thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an ultra carry that is my daily ccw. I carry it in a custom Gary Brommeland Max Con V holster and I forget that it is there. You can't go wrong with the UC - I have over 1000 rounds through mine and I have had very few problems. I replaced the factory mags with some from Wilson Combat.

Look around in the EE for a deal. I paid $650 for mine about a year ago. It came with 2 mags and night sights. Keep an eye on gunbroker - there is an Ultra CDP for sale now for around $850
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I carried one for years. Had money problems and had to sell it. Great pistol. The slide release was kind of bulkey. They make slimer versions. Do not use reloads in them, my jamed once. Never had a problems with factory loads. Has a great feel and since of balance to it. Great pistol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Great guns. Just make sure you get one with an internal extractor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
got a coupla UC's.

everyday CCW,hell it's on my hip as i type this.

100% reliability from both.

many rounds thru each,mainly reloads(2K-3K).

both r the internal  extractor.

i'm always looking for a good deal on one,maybe a CPD,nextclown
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Kimber Ultra Carry + Milt Sparks IWB holster = 1 fine daily carry rig.

I've put 5-7k rounds thru mine with narry a hickup.  One fine gun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine has an external extractor and I've had no problems.  Fine CCW weapon.  Here is mine in a VMll and two S-4C's.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
ive had mine bout 4 years.oly fired maby 200-250 rounds.carry more than a fire.anyhow my only malfuntion/breakage was the mag release fell out in pieces at the range.it put me out of action.was about a 25 doller fix.great carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 2.  Love both of them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top