Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 8:31:43 PM EDT
Well, I did it!

After years of hearing '9mm is a 45ACP on stun' and '40 Short & Weak',  Had an opportunity to pick up a Kimber Eclipse Custom II package.

2 year old Kimber, original case, etc, 1 Kimber mag, 1 Chip McCormick mag and two Bladetech holsters (inside and outside the pants) and a mag holster, couple Uncle Mikes holsters,  original dark wood and upgraded rubber grips.

Dropped $800, but think I got a fair price.   - you be the judge.

Now I just need to figure out how to field strip the damn thing.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
eclipse!!  hell yeah.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm only a month into my first Kimber and my first 1911.........you better strap yourself in.  Looks like you got a pretty good deal if you ask me though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ran 100 rounds of Winchester Whitebox (185 gr and 230 gr) and 50 rounds of Hydroshock.

The defense ammo shoots hotter than the ball ammo.  3 mags (2 Kimber and a Chip) and I'm happy to say, zero FTF / FTE.

Good accuracy and with the heavier frame of the Eclipse, lighter recoil than my Glock .22 40S&W.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I did it!

After years of hearing '9mm is a 45ACP on stun' and '40 Short & Weak',  Had an opportunity to pick up a Kimber Eclipse Custom II package.

2 year old Kimber, original case, etc, 1 Kimber mag, 1 Chip McCormick mag and two Bladetech holsters (inside and outside the pants) and a mag holster, couple Uncle Mikes holsters,  original dark wood and upgraded rubber grips.

Dropped $800, but think I got a fair price.   - you be the judge.

Now I just need to figure out how to field strip the damn thing.  

img240.imageshack.us/img240/7780/kimbereclipse1small1lh.th.png</a>

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice pistola.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey - thanks.  I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm still getting used to the idea of a 230grain bullet.  Fuckers are fat.

I think I'm anticipating recoil when I shoot it, rounds are falling low and left.  (have to google that)

Cleaning is a complete pain in the ass, but getting easier.  

Only complaint - I'm now crusing the EE for another 1911....  this is going to be expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top