Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 5:41:25 PM EDT
Alright, I bought my wife a brand new Kimber Eclipse Ultra Carry today and I am trying to disassemble it for a good cleaning.  I got the slide off the frame with ease, but how in the hell do you get the barrel and guide rod out of the slide?  And before you ask, yes, it is embarrasing to have to post this question.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to use the "disassembly tool".  You must do this while the slide is on the weapon.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Cock the weapon.  Insert the "disassembly tool" into the hole in the guide rod, then disassemble as usual.

Pg30

Kimber Manual .pdf
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Paper clip!  No need to be embarassed, its a tight fit!

Bend the clip tip at a 90 degree about a 1/4" from the end.

Remove slide, press guide rod out a bit to expose the pin hole, insert paper clip, pull guide rod back through slide with paper clip attached.

Or see here for a step by step:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it off with the paperclip!  Thanks guys!

ETA:  The tool was in the box, along with the manual. I guess asking ARFCOM is just easier that going get the damn instructions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont be embarrassed. I got the same got a few weeks ago and had a hell of a time as well. Once I figured it out it's easy as can be. Be careful while disassembling and reassembling the Eclipse though. The finish will scratch VERY easily.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Got it off with the paperclip!  Thanks guys!

ETA:  The tool was in the box, along with the manual. I guess asking ARFCOM is just easier that going get the damn instructions.

It is a "Man thing"  we all do it - when all else fails read the directions
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Your next challange grass hopper will be taking the guide rod assembly apart.

Some can read the instructions 10 times and still never figure it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top