Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 10:13:45 AM EDT
I just picked up a new Custom CDP II yesterday. It has a external extractor. After reading some of the posts here, I am a bit concerend I screwed up buying it. Anybody have one of these? I would think that a Custom Shop pistol would be perfect, but any thoughts?

UPDATE-3/14/06-I have now put 850 rounds through the new CDP and have zero FTE. They only time I had a problem was when I failed to seat the magazine, so a round did not feed. I am now convinced this whole FTE stuff is a bunch of BS. OR-possibly since my pistol is from the custom shop, the pistol was tuned properly, etc by the guys in the Custom Shop.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot the piss out of it. Either you will start to have Type 3 malfunctions or you wont, and it will probably be a few thousand rounds into it if it does. If you do get malfs, send it to Kimber and tell them that nothing less than an IE slide will do.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Check your dupe thread in the 1911 forum.  Also look for the informal reliability survey...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top